Wondering what to do now that you’ve scheduled a remote video session? Don’t worry, we’ll walk you through it. Here are some things that you can do to make sure your first video session runs smooth as can be!
Setting up your Tech
One of the first things you’ll want to get ready for your video session is your technology. Once we schedule your interview, you’ll receive an email invitation to join a virtual room. If using a phone to record your session, you’ll be directed to download the app. Our remote service works best on an iPhone 7 or newer, but you can also use an iPad Pro or the webcam on your laptop. In some cases, an Android device may also be used, but be warned – you may have some difficulty with the app!
Our video session will drain your battery very quickly – so be sure to have a full charge before we start and plug in your device in case of a long session. You’ll also want to make sure that you have a strong internet connection.
- App is downloaded on your iPhone/iPad –OR– link is ready on your laptop
- Device has a full battery and is plugged into your charger
- Device is connected to strong Wi-Fi or LTE
Prepping your Space
When preparing your space for video, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Make sure that the space is quiet and don’t forget to silence your notifications!
- Avoid having windows directly behind you and try to pick a space where the blinds or curtains can be adjusted
- Prop your device on a tripod or surface so that your face is about level with the camera
- Remove any clutter that appears in the camera frame
Getting Yourself Ready
If this is your first time on camera, you might be feeling a little nervous. Don’t worry, we’ll take care of you! If you want to be looking your very best, we have a few suggestions.
- Avoid wearing busy patterns or see-through clothing and stick to solid colors
- Run through your script or review the list of questions you’ll be asked to feel more comfortable with what you want to say (we’ll help you with this, too!)
- Take a deep breath
From here on in, we’ll take care of everything else! To learn more about our remote video services, visit https://whiteknightpro.com/remotevideo/